Omnicom Group Inc. (OMC)
Omnicom Group, Inc. is a holding company, which engages in the management and provision of advertising agencies. It offers marketing and corporate communications services. The company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
|Market Price at 19-01-2018
|Price to Earnings Ratio
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Blog posts that reference Omnicom Group Inc.:
Monday, July 31, 2017
• Cautious Fed, positive earnings aid Dow Jones, but other benchmark indices end flat.
• European markets end mixed amid currency headwinds.
• Profit taking drags down financial markets in Australia - Japan; India, China march higher.
Monday, July 10, 2017
• Investors ponder upon relatively hawkish views from the central banks in the US and Europe.
• European markets edge higher as investor sentiment remains largely positive.
• Domestic economic cues direct Asian markets.
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
In its latest monetary policy meeting on Wednesday, the US Federal Reserve (Fed) raised its target fund rate range by 25bps to 1–1.25%, despite concerns on weak inflation data. The central bank also unveiled a detailed plan for trimming its massive balance sheet. Although the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) policymakers acknowledged the recent series of weak inflation readings, they remained confident about inflation returning to the target range in the medium term.
Monday, May 29, 2017
• US stocks indices climb to record highs on upwards revision in the first quarter GDP and receding volatility
• European equities end flat, despite relatively positive economic data
• Asian equities end higher, amid strong domestic cues and easing political concerns
Monday, April 24, 2017
US equities conclude a choppy week in positive territory
At the close of last week, Nasdaq, S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average were up 1.8%, 0.8% and 0.5%, respectively. US equity markets recovered from last week’s decline as investors’ focus shift away from geopolitical concerns to a flurry of earnings releases. The first quarter result season is largely expected to be positive. Equities also reacted positively to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s assurance that the Trump administration is close to finalising major tax reforms and would soon release its proposal. Moreover, the Fed published its Beige Book ahead of the FOMC meeting, scheduled for 1-2 May. The Beige Book showed increased economic activity across all 12 districts. Meanwhile, investors continue to closely follow the series of upcoming elections in Europe and tensions around North Korea and Syria.
Thursday, March 23, 2017
On March 15, 2017, the US Federal Reserve (Fed) raised interest rates by a quarter percentage point from 0.75% to 1.00%. This move was in line with market expectations as many Fed policymakers had given strong indications of a possible rate hike in past few weeks. The central bank hiked rates for the first time this year, the second time in three months. The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) decided to increase a key policy rate citing improved labour market conditions and inflation. The central bank kept its economic projections unchanged, as Fed Chair Janet Yellen stressed that the rate hike should not be seen as an anticipatory response to forthcoming fiscal policies.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
• US equities move sideways to end the week close to their recent highs.
• Political uncertainties and weak earnings put downward pressure on European equities.
• Asian indices finish mixed amid varied corporate earnings, domestic economic data and rising political uncertainties in Europe.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
Fed hikes rates minus the fanfare
Investors were eagerly looking forward to FOMC’s last meeting of the year, despite being almost certain of the outcome. Without much surprise, the US Federal Reserve delivered a quarter-point increase in federal funds rate, to a range between 0.50–0.75 percent, at the end of its two-day meeting on Wednesday (December 14). But, the Fed did sound slightly more hawkish than usual, pointing to acceleration in the pace of rate hikes in 2017.