Goldman Sachs Group (GS)
Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. engages in global investment banking, securities, and investment management, which provides a range of financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals. It operates through the following business segments: Investment Banking, Institutional Client Services, Investing & Lending, and Investment Management. The Investment Banking segment focuses on the provision of financial advisory services public and private sector clients around the world. The Institutional Client Services segment facilitates clients regarding buy and sell financial products, raise funding and manage risk. The Investing & Lending segment includes the company's investing and relationship lending activities across various asset classes. The Investment Management segment deals with the provision of investment and wealth advisory services. The company was founded by Marcus Goldman in 1869 and is headquartered in New York, NY.
|Market Price at 08-12-2017
|Price to Earnings Ratio
|Return on Equity (ROE)
Blog posts that reference Goldman Sachs Group:
Monday, October 09, 2017
Global Equity Markets in Review
- Positive investor sentiment, strong economic data and renewed expectations of tax reforms lift US stock benchmarks to new highs
- European stocks move higher as investors remain optimistic despite political turbulence in Spain
- Asian markets edge higher as global cues drive sentiment
Saturday, September 02, 2017
The Indian economy expanded 5.7% yoy in the April–June quarter, much slower than the market expectation of 6.6%. The country’s GDP growth has now declined for five straight quarters, and the country is witnessing the weakest pace of economic growth in over three years.
Friday, September 01, 2017
• Major US equity benchmarks end higher amid plethora of economic data.
• European markets inch upwards as encouraging economic data offsets geopolitical concerns.
• Positive investor sentiments push Asian markets higher during the week.
Monday, August 07, 2017
• Mixed set of earnings and economic reports drive US market.
• Currency movement and slew of earnings reports direct European markets.
• Asian markets tread water amid plethora of economic data.
Monday, July 10, 2017
• Investors ponder upon relatively hawkish views from the central banks in the US and Europe.
• European markets edge higher as investor sentiment remains largely positive.
• Domestic economic cues direct Asian markets.
Wednesday, July 05, 2017
At the stroke of midnight of 1 July 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi led Indian government’s roll out of Goods-and-Services Tax (GST) in a function held at the historic ‘Central Hall’ of the parliament. Billed as the country’s biggest tax-reform since independence, GST is meant to simplify the country’s messy indirect-tax structure. The launch of GST transformed India into a unified tax region by subsuming multiple and complex indirect-taxes, including state levies.
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
• US benchmark indices finish mixed as most large cap stocks edge lower.
• European equities digest UK election outcome and European Central Bank’s (ECB’s) monetary policy.
• Asian equities close mixed as domestic economic data weighs.
Monday, June 05, 2017
• Upbeat private employment data and accelerated manufacturing activity powers US stock indices higher.
• European equities move up despite fresh political concerns.
• Robust economic data and strong corporate earnings powers Asian equity indices higher.
Monday, May 22, 2017
• US equities retreat as Donald Trump invites new controversy by firing FBI Director Comey
• European stocks finish lower, despite largely positive economic data
• Regional factors drive Asian markets
Monday, April 03, 2017
• US equity markets rebound as investors shrug off last week’s political drama.
• European equities finish strong in spite of mixed macroeconomic data.
• Asian equities end mix on domestic as well as global cues.